“Promoting braille as a primary medium for persons who are blind”
Your donations will help us to increase access to and
awareness of braille across Canada.
To improve vital means of access to information for blind and visually impaired persons by:
- Encouraging and participating in research related to all aspects of braille (including but not limited to reading, writing, teaching and producing both English and French braille);
- Encouraging the use and development of braille technology;
- Encouraging the teaching and transcription of braille music in order to provide greater access to music that is available in print;
- Establishing, adopting and monitoring standards for the production and teaching of both English and French braille; and
- Encouraging the use of braille in the home, school and general community.