Members of Braille Literacy Canada use their voices and their expertise to advance access to literacy for blind children and adults across Canada. As a member, you will learn about the issues both domestically and internationally, engage in supporting meaningful change, take action and use your voice to help determine our direction.
Being a member gives you a voice in our work, and access to tools to help you advocate for access to braille.
Membership in BLC is open to:
- Braille users who are passionate about braille
- Parents and classroom teachers of braille-using students
- Transcribers and producers of braille materials
- Organizations, rehabilitation agencies and other companies interested in staying up-to-date on braille in Canada and beyond
- Researchers who are interested in braille
- Rehabilitation instructors and teachers of the visually impaired who teach braille or interact with braille-using clients and students of any age
- Anyone else who supports the mission of BLC!
If you are not a member, join today!Devenez membre
The Benefits of Membership
- Receive our bi-monthly newsletter, sent directly to your email
- Attend (free of charge) our bi-monthly teleconferences on braille-related topics
- Network with other braille users, professionals, and supporters who are dedicated to the promotion of braille
- Attend our annual members' meetings
- Vote on issues affecting braille in Canada
- Participate on BLC committees and working groups
All of the benefits available to individuals, plus...
- Designation of up to two voting representatives
- Free access to BLC workshops for your staff and members
- Recognition on the BLC web site as a supporting member
- Discounted registrations for conferences, exhibit booths, etc.
- The easiest way for professionals to stay up to date on developments relating to the braille code
Joining BLC means becoming a part of a nationawide network, a community, of like-minded braille enthusiasts. Where you have questions, we'll have answers.