Celebrate World Braille Day (January 4, 2022) by sending your #BrailleMyWay submissions!
World Braille Day is on January 4, 2022. To celebrate World Braille Day in January 2022, CNIB & Braille Literacy Canada (BLC) would like to invite you to participate in #BrailleMyWay – a braille social media campaign!
Whatever your age, no matter how often you use braille, we want to hear your spin on what braille helps you do. Embossed braille, refreshable braille, braille input on your iPhone, we want to hear your stories!
Tell us what #BrailleMyWay means to you. Here’s how:
- Make a ‘show and tell’ video. Tell the world why you love braille or how braille helps you.
- Keep it simple and most importantly, keep it short! 10-30 seconds max.
- For a chance to be featured in our official campaign, send your video to Karen.Brophey@cnib.ca by November 30, 2021. Selected videos will be captioned and featured on CNIB and BLC social media channels.
Get creative and have fun! Your video could be:
- Reading after lights out!
- Making sure you get off the elevator on the right floor.
- Labelling clothes or makeup, so your look is always on point.
- A family game night using accessible board games.
We’re also happy to share your photos or messages about the importance of braille literacy. You can email those too or share them on your own social media account in January. If you’re sharing an image, don’t forget to add/include Alt Text and describe your image.
Whatever you do, make sure you tag your posts with the hashtag #BrailleMyWay so CNIB and BLC can like, share or retweet them!
The fun starts in January, on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook! Help us make World Braille Day 2022 a social media success. And of course, don’t forget to follow us!
Questions? Email Karen.Brophey@cnib.ca.