Who We Are
Braille Literacy Canada is a registered charity dedicated to the promotion of braille as the primary medium of literacy for those who are blind or visually impaired. We represent and serve the needs of:
- Braille readers, including those who are learning who would like to learn
- Parents of blind and visually impaired braille-reading children
- Classroom educators and specialized teachers of the visually impaired
- Rehabilitation professionals serving adult learners
- Braille producers, transcribers, and proofreading professionals
BLC is recognized by the International Council on English Braille (ICEB) as the authority for the development, adoption, and implementation of standards relating to (English) braille codes in Canada.